You’ve been able to open shared calendars in Outlook for iOS and Outlook for Android for a little while now, however this update makes it a lot easier.
How did Shared Calendars on Outlook for Mobile previously work?
- The person who owned the calendar would send you a sharing invite
- You accept the invite from within the Outlook mobile app
- The shared calendar is added to your phone.
With this update to Outlook for iOS, you can now open calendars that are already shared with you.
How to open a shared calendar in Outlook for iOS
- Switch to your calendars in Outlook for iOS
- Open the the left menu
- Tap the add calendar button
- Tap Add Shared Calendars
- Search for the person or group whose calendar you already have permission to access, then tap the add button next to their name
- The calendar will appear in your list
Can you open Shared Calendars on Outlook for Android too?
Yep, this feature is also available for Outlook for Android.