Here’s how to create an Azure Storage Account Container in the old Microsoft Azure portal at https://manage.windowsazure.com, assuming you already have an Azure subscription and existing Azure Storage account.
- You will need an existing storage account. See this guide for how to create one.
- Login to https://manage.windowsazure.com
- Open your existing storage account.
- Click Containers then click Create a container:
- Choose a Name and Access type for it:
- Click the tick and wait for the container to be created. It should just take a few seconds.
- You can now refer to this container from other services using https://<yourstorageaccountname>.blob.core.windows.net/<yourcontainername>
Depending on the Access type you chose (eg. private), you may need your storage account name and primary key to access this container. See the end of this guide for how to retrieve these.