Cannot enable OneNote Notes about Outlook Items
You may notice that the Send to OneNote button in Outlook is missing from the top ribbon in Outlook. The usual method to resolve this, is to navigate to File, Options, Add-ins, Manage: COM Add-ins and then enabling the ‘OneNote Notes about Outlook items’ add in.
Occasionally this may not work, the check box will uncheck as soon as you exit the Manage: COM Add-ins Screen. You might also notice that the OneNote Notes about Outlook Items Load Behaviour is set to Unloaded.
How to enable OneNote Notes about Outlook items
- To resolve this, go to File, Options, Add-ins
- Change Manage: COM Add-ins to Manage: Disabled Items in the drop down menu.
- Select the OneNote.OutlookAddin and choose Enable.
- Now, change the drop down menu back to Manage: COM Add-ins and click Go…
- Check the box next to the OneNote Notes about Outlook Items Add-in and click OK. The Add-in Load Behaviour should now be Load at Startup.
- Restart Outlook and the OneNote button in the ribbon should have returned.
- If this doesn’t work, open Control Panel, Programs and Features and select your Office installation.
- Click Change, then try a Quick Repair.
- Once it’s done repairing, try enabling the Add-in again. If it still doesn’t work, try an Online Repair.