How to easily set Automatic Replies (Out of Office) on Shared Mailboxes in Office 365
I spent a little while looking up solutions on adding an automatic reply, or out of office message, to a Shared Mailbox. Unfortunately, I didn’t come across any easy ways to do it via Outlook. Some of them required adding the Shared Mailbox as a separate account, or creating an Outlook rule that has the server reply using a specific message.
Luckily, there’s an extremely easy way to do it via the Outlook Web App. Here’s how it’s done:
- Log into the Outlook Web App at https://outlook.office365.com using your own Office 365 credentials
- Click on your profile image (or placeholder image) on the top right
- Choose Open another mailbox
- Type in the name or email address of the Shared Mailbox and select it
- Click the settings cog on the top right and then click Automatic replies
- Configure your automatic reply and you’re done.