Installation of Primary Sense on Best Practice Servers
The Gold Coast Primary Health Network (GCPHN) designed the Primary Sense Population Management and clinical audit tool. It creates reports for GPs, nurses, and practice managers to deliver evidence-based optimised care. More information on the use of Primary Sense can be found on their website.
The Primary Sense server software allows your practice to gain access to the Primary Sense software utilities. This needs to be installed on the server used within your medical practice. After this installation, each workstation in your medical practice will be able to access Primary Sense via a separate Primary Sense desktop application.
- First navigate to the Primary Sense website and on the download page, find the Primary Sense Services server software (Extractor) and download.
- Once downloaded run the installer
- Proceed through the installer as you would any other program, accept the license, and when asked about the Setup Type select typically and then install.
- After installation is complete launch Primary Sense. At this point, the software is not fully set up. Double Click “Setup Practice and Database Connection”
- Enter the details provided to you by either Primary Sense or your Medical Practice, if you haven’t been given these credentials contact the medical practice to acquire them
- After inputting the credentials browse to “Edit Practice and Database connection” then “Change Database connection”
- On the new window that has opened click “Test Connection” If the connection succeeds no further action is required in the installer, however, if it fails you may need to use Windows authentication to complete the install
- Once you have confirmed that the connection was successful open Best Practice, click Setup, then Configuration
- Navigate to the Database menu on the left-hand side and then browse to the “Setup third-party integrations” page
- Find “Primary Care Gold Coast Ltd” and enable it by ticking the box and select save.
- Once this has been completed you can close Best Practice and proceed to install the Primary Sense Desktop software onto your medical practice workstations.