Set up Azure backup on a Windows PC
- Log onto https://manage.windowsazure.com
- Open Recovery Services
- Click New
- Click Backup Vault and choose Quick Create
- Choose a Name and Location for the backup vault, then click Create Vault.
- Wait for the Backup Vault Status to become Active
- Open the Backup Vault and click Vault Credentials to generate and download the credentials. This will be used to associate the computers you’ll be backing up with the Azure backup vault.
- Click Download Agent For Windows Server or System Center Data Protection Manager or Windows Client
- Save both the Backup Vault Credentials and the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent installer on the PC that you want to backup
- On the computer that you’ll be operating the backup from, run the installer and choose the locations for the Installation and Cache folders, or keep the default locations.
- Configure the Proxy settings if required, otherwise click Next.
- The wizard will check your PC for missing software and will automatically install it along with the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent
- Once all components are installed, click Close
- You may be asked to restart your computer, click OK and restart your PC.
- Click Register Server to make the connection with your Azure Backup Vault.
- Click Browse, locate the Azure vault credentials saved from the Microsoft Azure Portal and click Next.
- Encrypt your Backup with a password at least 16 characters long, then click Register.
- Click Close to continue.
- Click Schedule Backup.
- Click Next..
- Click Add Items and locate the files and folders you would like to backup, then click Next.
- Choose the schedule that you’d like to backup these files on. You can backup up to 3 times per day.
- Set a retention policy to define how long backups will be kept.
- Choose how you will run your initial backup. Certain Azure geographies have the option of submitting an Offline Backup. Offline Backups allow you to securely ship data to the Azure datacenters. In this example, we’re backing up over the network.
- Confirm the details are correct and click Finish.
- Your backup schedule will be created and your backup will run at the next indicated time.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!